Massav Productions presents double Dunedin acts for your listening pleasure on Friday August 26. Live at the Brewery features Iron Mammoth and The River Jesters. Doors open from 5pm and, as always, tickets are limited. Get yours now while you’re filling up a rigger at our Cellar Door in 72 Leet Street, Invercargill or click to buy online here
On the night: This really is a party in a brewery so either dress warm or be prepared to dance hard. The house bar includes cider, non-alcoholic drinks and wine as well as our delicious range of craft beers so there is something for everyone – if you’re not sure what you like, you can always ask for a wee taste before committing to a glass. Sorry our license precludes BYO. We partner with some of Southland’s best food trucks for in-house catering so the cook can have a night off too. Cash and eftpos accepted on the night for everything except CDs from the performing artists, so have a couple of $20s on hand in case you decide you need to hear more.
If you missed this Matt Heath & Jeremy Wells live from Invercargill Brewery this morning .. you can catch the highlights here …
here including interviews with our own Tim Shadbolt and Sonia Manaena.
We are pleased as punch to have been chosen to brew Radio Hauraki 50th birthday beers and ciders … a hush-hush project that we’ll be making a lot of noise about come Thursday when Matt Heath & Jeremy Wells will be broadcasting the Hauraki breakfast show live from Invercargill Brewery Cellar Door.
Doors open 6am, come join the party.
Friday night we rolled out the kegs, dusted off some leaners and kicked off our first ‘Meet the Brewer’ event for 2016.
Good food complements great beers and the delicious fare cooked up by South Coast Catering was a perfect pairing for our authentic southern brews. We mixed it up with tastings of our new Wasp Lager and Beeryspike Sour Fruit Beer.
Throw in some live sounds from Kip Tipuna and Blair Savory you have a sure recipe for an awesome night. In fact, we are planning to cook up another MTB on Friday 15 April – watch this space for event details.
Me, actually. Just now. And fortunately with 2015 Boysenbeery now out – it can! Available now on tap at Invercargill Brewery Cellar Door and in 330ml bottles … and for distribution to discerning craft beer bars everywhere or from our online store.
Pop down to to Wellington College this afternoon for the inaugual NZ Craft Beer League Game. Invercargill Brewery Football Team are taking the field to play Garage Project, with kick off at 2.3opm.
Organiser and team captain Kevin Downie has promised a great game.
“I don’t promise that we’ll win, but we will be sober when the whistle blows.”
The Invercargill Brewery Football team, had independantly planned to travel to Wellington to watch yesterday’s Phoenix clash and decided to add a bit of local flavour to the trip.
Spectators are welcome to the match, and the aftermatch function at Bebemos.
Invercargill Brewery is posing a rhetorical question, “What can’t you do with Pitch Black Stout?” Which it will be answering today with a movable feast of Pitch Black varietals on handpump at the Dunedin Craft Beer & Food Festival at Forsyth Barr Stadium that will go something like this.
- Pitch Black – Stout – ABV 4.5% – IBU16 – The usual suspect. An internationally award winning stout which is rich and creamy, with notes of coffee and chocolate. Lightly hopped to hit a mid-point between sweet and dry, it’s our most loved beer.
- Pitch Black Pucker – Sour Stout – 4.5% – IBU 16 -Same delicious stout, with a bit of funk for a funky day … and possibly Steve Collin’s favourite beer style. Or maybe not.
- Pitch Black Moonshine – Stout – 5% – IBU 16 – So, we’d just emptied a barrel of 53%ABV all malt spirit when the inspiration hit. What would happen if we refilled it with Pitch Black and left it for a couple of months to mellow out? And now we know, we’ll definitely be doing that again.
- Pitch Black Coffee – Stout – 4.5% – IBU 16 -To celebrate International Coffee Day in September we let our barrista trained brewer Damon Milne loose on the brew floor with a bag of Allpress Coffee beans. This is the result.
Of course it’s not all black beers.
· Hop Goblet III – Pale Ale – ABV 5.6% – IBU 42.5 The ANZAC edition of a moving feast that has same Gladfield Malt profile with a hop component that hops around like, ah, hops. No 3 features Australian Summer & Helga Hops.
- B.man – NZ Pilsner -ABV 5% – IBU42 – from our house range, showcasing the distinctive stylings of Riwaka (Motueka) Hop. A uniquely NZ lager.
- IRA (Invercargill Red Ale) 5.5% – IBU 55+ – It started out with a blend of four Kiwi hops to deliver a mouthpuckering 55 IBU. Then we dry-hopped it. This one is definitely for Hop Heads. Caution advised.
· Old Particular – Old English Ale – 5% ABV – IBU 24–The Otago University Food Science Department played a key role in this collaboration brew. Science just got a whole lot more interesting.
- Nally’s Cider – 5% ABV – 100% Central Otago apple juice, fermented with champagne yeast to deliver, a crisp, refreshing sugar-free fruit wine – the perfect palate cleanser between beers.
What happens when you let a barista loose in a brewery? Well, when it’s Invercargill Brewery production brewer Damon Milne the answer is Long Pitch Black.
This special small batch edition of our iconic stout is a sessionable 4.5% and which has been made with Allpress Coffee beans. It will be launched in both regular (on tap) and super smooth (on handpump) at Zookeepers in Tay Street Invercargill from 5pm on Tuesday September 29, which just happens to be International Coffee Day.
Clarkie’s coffee themed menu for the evening includes specials like Fare Game wild venison burgers.
Big thanks to the judges of the 2015 Brewers Guild Awards announced last night; gold medal for Sa!son and bronzes for Cherry Spike, Smokin’ Bishop and our funky little Pitch Black Moonshine. and for our Yeastie Boy friends silver for Digital IPA & PKB Remix 2015 Dark Matta with bronzes for I AM, His Majesty 2014, Divine Hammer.
And an even bigger shout out to the drinkers of fine craft beers – we couldn’t do it with out you (and you know who you are!)